The CFO directs and oversees all financial reporting, short and long-term financial planning, general and cost accounting, tax, banking and cash management. He/she represents the Company on financial accounting issues, ensuring that the Company meets all corporate, statutory and regulatory requirements. To achieve success in this high intensity, potentially rapidly growing environment, the CFO will need a broad array of financial, technical, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Direct the activities of the company’s Finance, Accounting and IT team.
- Develop and implement operating plans to align the business to market demand, thus ensuring delivery of earnings and cash generation targets.
- Direct the development of the annual operating plan, capital budgets, and strategic plans; approves spending to budgetary levels.
- Ensure strong working capital management by optimizing A/R, A/P and inventory levels.
- Supervise the preparation of business intelligence for evaluating operations, identifying problems, and recommending/implementing corrective actions.
- Provide guidance and advice to the President and Ownership as well as other members of senior management on financial and business issues.
- Provide thought leadership in determining and driving the company's financial strategies and participate in setting the company's overall strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain credibility throughout the organization, operations, and with the Ownership as a capable financial advisor and developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Develop and implement financial strategies, objectives and business plans, including performance targets, policies and key metrics to achieve the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Manage the company's capital structure, and provide leadership for obtaining and managing financing and investments.
- Evaluate the impact on the organization of any regulatory requirements, including accounting changes or other emergent financial issues.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, forecasts, financial reports and operational trends to assist the President, Ownership, and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Ensure appropriate controls and record-keeping procedures are in place to meet all statutory regulations, accounting standards, practices and audit requirements.
- Implement and enforce financial policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Participate in sales leadership by providing analytical support including appropriate metrics in support of sales decision-making process.